- Each 2 capsule serving provides 1,400mg of omega-3 fatty acids
- Our fish oil is certified sustainable by the Marine Stewardship Council
- Each batch is purified to remove PCBs, heavy metals, toxins and other impurities.
- Our fish oil is produced with <1% bycatch to minimize environmentally destructive fishing practices
- Our fish oil comes in triglyceride form to enhance absorption
CHOOSING THE BEST OMEGA-3 FOR YOU AND THE ENVIRONMENT
Our fish oil is sourced from wild pollock in the Bering Sea, which has an extremely low bycatch rate of less than 1%, compared to the US national averages of 17-22% determined by NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration). This means that Civic Nutrition set out to minimize wasteful fishing from the very start of manufacturing, resulting in a smaller carbon footprint and less disruption to the ocean’s ecosystem.
- More bycatch information here: http://www.fisheries.noaa.gov/sfa/bycatch/18_bycatch_101.html
We are certified sustainable and traceable by the MSC (Marine Stewardship Council). The MSC certifies our fish at the level of raw ingredient sourcing and manufacturing to assure that our fish oils is sustainable and traceable back to the fishery. This means that our fish oil has a point of certification to help assure its quality and that it is made from 100% wild pollock oil.
Wild pollock is managed tightly through the US government and State of Alaska to ensure the fishery’s health and sustainability. The annual Alaskan Pollock catch ranges from 1 million to 1.4 million tons, which is 50% of the Acceptable Biological Catch (ABC). The monitoring and sustainable fishing practices have shown effective, with a 65% increase in wild pollock biomass in 2014.
The MSC certification program was rated #1 in a 2012 report by Accenture Development Partnerships, commissioned by the World Wildlife Foundation, that assessed seafood sustainability certifications compared to other programs lead by Friend of the Sea, ASMI and Iceland.